Co-combustion is the easiest and the cheapest way of increasing parts of renewable fuels in production of thermal energy.
Co-combustion of biomass
For effective co-combustion of biomass in stoker-fired boiler the most suitable is combustion in the bedding system.
“ZUK Staporków” has own solution for co-combustion of biomass, based on the patent: Nr 194812. The device for powering of furnace by solid and mixed fuel.
The conceot of modernization of existing stoker comprises consists on:
- Mounting two-barell basket for dosage of two fuels (biomass and dust of hard bituminous coal), separately for the existing stoker.
- Stoker extension in the front part.
- Division of the coal bin for two parts: (for biomass and for dust).
Advantages of co-combustion of biomass and a coal dust in system:
- Reducing of emission: CO2, SO2 and NOx and other pollutions
On account of:
- Using of biomass and its attributes as a fuel
- Reducing of quantity of a burned coal including harmful pollutions
- Low financial expenses for modernization of installation concerning WR, OR boilers for co-combustion of biomass and dust.
- Stability of combustion process of two fuels, thanks to presence a coal, allowing for using biomass of changeable and high humidity
- Protection of the grate from excessive heat load, owning to 15-20% ash content in coal, which in the method of co-combustion process forms the first layer on the grate.
- Eliminating of negative effects (crater combustion) occuring during combustion of biomass in the mixed system with dust.
- In case of periodical lack of biomass, it is provided energy security.